"The Pink Book", developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is for health departments, healthcare providers, clinics, pharmacies, medical schools, student health centers, hospitals, assisted-living facilities, and schools involved in immunizations.
The easy-to-reference Pink Book contains updated, comprehensive information on each vaccine-preventable disease, as well as the latest information on:
- Principles of Vaccination;
- General Recommendations on Immunization;
- Immunization Strategies for Healthcare Practices and Providers; and
- Vaccine Safety.
Updates for the 12th Edition, 2nd Printing of The Pink Book include:
- Recommendation for hepatitis B vaccination of persons with diabetes;
- Inclusion of recommendation for vaccination of males with quadrivalent human papillomavirus vaccine type b;
- Information about intradermal Fluzone influza vaccine;
- Recommendation for meningococcal conjugate vaccine of certain 9-23 month old children;
- Information about Tdap vaccination of pregnant women;
- History of intussusception as a contraindication for rotavirus vaccination; and
- Revised Appendices including new schedules and vaccines.
What others are saying about The Pink Book:
"It is the one book that every staff member has on their desk that they regularly refer to...the one resource that we consistently rely on for the most comprehensive information on vaccine-preventable diseases."
- Vincent Sacco, Immunization Program Manager, Connecticut Department of Public Health
"We are big fans of the Pink Book. It’s always been our one-stop shop kind of reference… The Pink Book covers the essential topics. We purchase additional copies for local health departments statewide and key admin staff here in our agency and they’re always glad to have their own copy!"
- Karen McMahon, Immunization Program Manager, Illinois Department of Public Health
"Complete, well written, and authoritative… it is a reference book utilized by staff in both state and county health departments on a routine basis. It assists staff in providing valuable information in both the scientific and practical application of immunizations for our immunization partners."
- Charles H. Alexander, Chief, Florida Department of Health/Bureau of Immunization
"Very useful information about immunizations. Couldn’t do without it!"
- Anita Poland, RN, Barber County Health Department
"I have been in nursing for 35 years and learned early on in my career, you don't have to know it all, but know where to find it all. A friend asked me, have you read any good books recently? I told her, yes, the Pink Book. I read it everyday."
- Penny Conner, BSN, RN, Immunization Nurse Consultant, Georgia Division of Public Health, Department of Community Health
“The Pink Book is my Bible for immunization practice. Almost any time I have a question about immunization, I find the answer in the Pink Book. Every member of our immunization team will get a copy.”
- Alice Dubon, Senior Public Health Nurse, Immunization Coordinator, Putnam County Health Department, New York
"The Pink Book has great information for Microbiology instructors and students."
- Leslie Kwasnieski, Metro Community College
"The Pink Book is excellent. I presented one copy to the Head of the Public Health Division at the military hospital in Accra, Ghana."
- Awolu Adam, West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Also included are updated appendices with information on schedules and recommendations, vaccines, vaccine storage and handling, vaccine administration, vaccine information statements, and immunization resources.
The Pink Book provides physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, pharmacists, and others with the most up-to-date comprehensive information on vaccine-preventable diseases.
*Bulk discounts are available on this product for orders of 250+ copies. Please contact us directly by phone toll-free at (877)252-1200 to inquire about the discount (Hours: Mon-Fri 9a-5p ET).
PHF is the exclusive distributor of The Pink Book.