This full-color, trifold brochure briefly explains six simple and smart facts about antibiotic use. The smart facts include:
- Antibiotics are life-saving drugs
- Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections
- Some ear infections DO NOT require an antibiotic
- Most sore throats DO NOT require an antibiotic
- Green colored mucus is NOT a sign that an antibiotic is needed
- There are potential risks when taking any prescription drug
The brochure also answers some common questions about when it is and is not appropriate to use an antibiotic as well as common illnesses antibiotics cannot treat. It was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work campaign and is designed for adult education.
The brochure is sold in packages of 25.
For more information on the Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work campaign, please visit the Get Smart website.