This poster is designed for the physician’s office, clinic, healthcare department, or healthcare facility. Display this poster to convey the six simple and smart facts about antibiotic use.
These smart facts are:
1. Antibiotics are life-saving drugs
2. Antibiotics only treat bacterial infections
3. Some ear infection DO NOT require and antibiotic
4. Most sore throats DO NOT require an antibiotic
5. Green colored mucus in NOT a sign that an antibiotic is needed
6. There are potential risks when taking any prescription drug
The poster was developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work campaign.
This poster is sold in packages of 5.
For more information on the Get Smart: Know When Antibiotics Work campaign, please visit the Get Smart website.