Do you need to effectively communicate to your patients about antibiotic-resistant bacteria?
Each year in the United States, at least 2 million people become infected with antibiotic-resistant bacteria and at least 23,000 die as a result. Antibiotics save lives but any time antibiotics are used, they can cause side effects and lead to antibiotic resistance. At least 80 million antibiotic prescriptions each year are unnecessary, which makes improving antibiotic prescribing and use a national priority.
This tri-fold brochure, packaged in sets of 50 from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Be Antibiotics Aware Campaign, educates patients on the importance of being antibiotics aware. It provides detailed information and answers key questions, including:
· What do antibiotics treat?
· What don’t antibiotics treat?
· How can patients stay healthy?
· Why does taking antibiotics lead to antibiotic resistance?
· What is the right way to take antibiotics?
· What are the side effects of antibiotics?
Visit the CDC’s Be Antibiotics Aware website for more information about this national effort. Make decisions with data sources such as CDC's Antibiotic Resistance Patient Safety Atlas | HAI | CDC Antibiotic Resistance Patient Safety Atlas, with interactive data about HAIs, customizable maps and tables to show resistance patterns, and data on three key types of infections and 31 bug-drug profiles.
Additional Antibiotic Stewardship Resources from Public Health Foundation (PHF)
· Use PHF’s Public Health Antibiotic Stewardship Driver Diagram to promote optimal antibiotic use within the public health and systems.
· Read How South Dakota Reduced CRE through a Multi-Disciplinary Approach, a blog on PHF Pulse.
· Hear about antibiotic stewardship successes in Illinois and Nebraska on a PHF webinar, Building Cross-Sector Collaborations to Promote Effective Antibiotic Use in Inpatient, Outpatient, and Long-Term Care Settings.
· TRAIN Learning Network offers courses on antimicrobial and antibiotic resistance and stewardship.
this item can only be purchased by current members.
Would you like to...